- An introduction to Fungi in the wild and the cultivation of Mushrooms
- A short guided tour of our growing operation
- The theory of growing mushrooms from waste & non-sterile techniques
- Practical session inoculating waste coffee grounds and cardboard
- A session covering economics of production, start-up costs, logistics etc
- Practical session on outdoor grows: cardboard beds & hessian sacks
- Discussion on forming a UK network of Urban mushroom growers.
- A round-up to conclude what we have covered.
This day is more detailed than the ‘Home Grower’ course, focussing in particular on growing Oyster Mushrooms from waste. The course is offered at a subsidised rate as part of our mission as a social enterprise to teach the technique, and in the long term – to help set up urban mushroom growing enterprises in the UK. See our Enterprise page for more details.
Participant numbers are limited to 10 people to ensure plenty of contact time & questions.
– Full course details and directions will be emailed to you after booking –
Please note: This course does not include spawn to take home as the Home Grower course does, but there will be an opportunity to purchase spawn at a discounted rate on the day.
Please feel free to send us an email if you have any further questions.